With Smilebox, you can print your creation at-home, to a store or through our home delivery service.
Please note: Basic users can print for FREE using our Print and Ship to Home delivery service.
All other printing options are reserved for Club Smilebox subscribers only.
To Begin: Click "Share, Print, or DVD" then select "Print"
Once you're finish editing your creation, select “Share, Print or DVD” along the top.
To access all options, select "Share Digitally" or to order prints immediately, select "Order Prints".
After selecting "Share Digitally", select “Print” to all all of the printing options.
To print at-home (premium feature), select the first "Print" option (shown below). The size you can print depends on your print driver and design dimensions & options.
If your creation has multiple pages, you will see the option to print the current page shown or all pages.
Next, your print driver will pop-up. Here, you can choose the:
- Paper size/Quality/Paper type (optional)
- Layout (ex. Full-page photo, 4x6, 5x7)
- Number of copies
If your print option window has a “Fit picture to frame” (as shown below), please un-check it to avoid cutting off the edges.
Click "Print" once you are ready to print your creation.
- We recommend that you first try a black-and-white print on regular print paper to ensure that your settings are correct before printing in color on high-quality photo paper.
- Please note that cropping may occur when you select any other size besides full page (ex: 8.5x11 on non-square & 8X8 on square format).
- Most of the print issues are solved when you install your latest print driver. After installing the new driver, restart your computer before trying to print again. Please see the Microsoft Help site and search for "Printer". Microsoft help will give you some solutions to solve your print issues. If needed, consult your printer manufacturer's website.
- If you send your creation to yourself, and wish to print your Premium creation from the Smilebox email, you may select to do so. The creation from the email prints full page in an 8.5"x11" format or 8"X8" (Square Format). As an alternate choice, you can save the creation as .jpg images (from the email playback) and print the size you like using third party program.
- When you print a creation which has video added, it will not have the “Play” button on it.
To print to a store (premium feature), select the second "Print" option (shown below). The size you can print depends on the design dimensions.
Service Note: CVS Photo is no longer an option in our program.
To print in a different format, please save your creation as a JPG image and bring it to your local store. We do not recommend this method, as it may distort the image.
Here, you can choose which store you would like to print to or save your creation as JPG images.
For a step-by-step guide to printing your creation to a store, please see our help article: Print your creation to a store (Walmart & Sam’s Club)
For those outside the U.S., you can save your creation as JPG images and either take them to the store or order them through their website.
To print using our home delivery service (available for free users), select the second "Print" option (shown below).
Please note: This service is current available to U.S. customers only.
For those outside the U.S., you can save your creation as JPG images (premium feature) and print them at-home, to a local store or another print service.
From here, you can choose to order Prints, Cards and Invites or try our Build-A-Book service.
For a step-by-step guide to printing using our home delivery service, please see our help article: Print and Ship to Home (PASH) or Smilebox Doorstep Direct Q&A
To save your creation as JPG images (premium feature), select the last "Save" option (shown below).
Once saved, you can:
- Bring them to a 3rd-party printer (online or in-store)
- Save them as a keepsake
- Transfer them to another computer via thumb drive
- Print in sizes other than those provided by Smilebox (may result in distortion)
For a step-by-step guide to saving your creation as JPG images, please see our help article: How to save a creation as a JPG image
For troubleshooting help or information about print sizes, please click here.
If you are experiencing trouble or have any questions, please email us at email@example.com or submit a request above.